The Fidessa front office provides industry-leading trading functionality across a range of assets. Our team provide access to low latency market data informing the trading decisions of a huge trading community. Simplifying the complex trading environment for our users and keeping pace with changes in the finance industry makes for an exciting environment with lots to learn.
With real time monitoring, exception management and agile business integration, we utilize automated tooling to manage global upgrades, real-time workflow manipulation and data analytics to provide business insight.
We are looking for people with a can-do attitude who are passionate about solving complex problems to help us meet strong customer demand for new workflows. We're constantly looking for ways to do things faster, improving our software's time to market and throughput, and improving our own development approach.
Our primary technology is C++ on RedHat Linux.
You will be involved in all aspects of the software process, designing and delivering trading solutions in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Your software will form part of a world-leading suite offering rich functionality. You will also help us to improve our development approach.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team of of like-minded individuals building high performance, low latency, resilient interfaces to global financial markets.
- C++ or transferable object-oriented skills from similar languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience of Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing and optimizing highly scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience of applying automation tools for software building, testing, and deployment.
- Highly numerate degree.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Financial markets knowledge is an advantage.