- Work with the ASP and cloud operations staff to help with customer database issues and deal with standard operational activities for production systems
- Create maintenance plans and jobs, backup and recovery, user accounts, database log space monitoring, and maintenance on mission-critical database systems
- Co-ordinate with the development team and conduct fine-tune performance using a combination of database optimization, queries and automated workload repositories (AWR) for both development and production database systems maintained at the data centre
- Enforce security and access control across all database servers in the network
- Research and implement hardware specifications for cluster setup, load balancing and shared storages – ideally Red Hat Cluster
- Contribute to overall capacity planning and configuration management of the supporting infrastructure
- Create DB recommendation for production and development environments
- Provide development and design assistance to development and other application support teams
- Working with Project Managers to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the system/s, including the development of contingency plans
- Ensure system integrity, efficiency and performance through management of core system resources (CPU/Memory/IO Performance)
- Follow the problem management, change management and service management processes
- Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Evaluate and manage existing software and licensing configurations, systems and the design, implementation and management of new/improved systems
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field required.
- Oracle certified DBA with vast knowledge in this area. Must have at least 4+ years’ work experience.
- Migration experience from 11c to 19c, Linux Red Hat based.
- 2-4 years of experience as a DBA in production and development environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a team worker with outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimal guidance.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible.
- Experience in writing and analysing complex SQL (stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
- Experience with data modelling tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models (RMAN).
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management.
- Production support/troubleshooting Data Guard setups.
- Good knowledge of Italian and English languages.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- 2 years of experience using SQL server
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) for SQL server.
- Certified SQL server DBA
- Experience using single node cluster with ASM - Oracle.
- AWS / EC2 Cloud database knowledge.
- Bash / Ksh shell scripting experience, writing/troubleshooting scripts.
- Using PL/SQL / TSQL to automate basic database tasks.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts