The Data Operations analyst works as part of a global team specializing in the maintaining the core set of data required to support ION’s hosted solutions. The analyst is responsible for validating the accuracy of the data and engaging directly with both clients and external data vendors to maintain client satisfaction. Working in a fast-paced environment, the analyst is required to understand exchange specifications and the business impact the data has on ION’s solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accurately maintain data required to support client trading systems
- Investigate client data incidents from receipt to resolution
- Prioritizes incidents and keep them up to date on the internal incident tracking system.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Work with data vendors and exchanges to resolve data queries
- Understand and process exchange data specifications
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the database structure within the trading platforms
- Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they impact clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Required Skills and Experience
- Data Operations analyst need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow process and make suggestions for improvements
- Able to use own initiative, good attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and system functionality
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.