As an data analyst you will responsible for collation of disparate data and creation of reporting frameworks. The data will be used to understand, run, manage and improve our global hosting environment critical to supporting our clients global trading environments.
The successful candidate will have a track record in hands on delivery of PowerBI dashboards from complex data sets to summarise operational, inventory, financial and time series data. Knowledge of technology infrastructure systems, good data management practices, ETL and excellent PowerBI skills required. Essential will be a can do operational attitude which will see the successful candidate become part of a growing global operations team.
- Collate data out of disparate sources and consolidate in common Ion Markets data lake
- Create PowerBI management dashboards to facilitate operational teams, and management on the running of our hosting environment
- Work with our global teams to ensure they have the data they need to run teams effectively
- Build management reports that can be consumed and understood at senior levels within Ion Markets and the wider Ion group
- Collaborate with data and product owners of infrastructure tools to get data out and linked to other data sources for effective analysis.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Proven experience in building PowerBI reports for consumptions by technical and non-technical staff in an easy and consumable way
- Proven experience in managing ingest and store of complex data sets from a variety of technology systems
- Able to manage ETL process to feed data into format that can be processed by PowerBI for
- Able to work independently and proactively engage other stakeholders as needed to facilitate own work
- Some exposure to infrastructure technology systems to understand the basic concepts of how to run a global hosting business in a hybrid environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to manage communications across globally distributed teams and with managers to understand business needs of reporting
- Experience one or more of the following vendor platforms (PowerBI, MS SQL server)
- Formal accreditation (MS Azure Enterprise Data Analyst or similar) a benefit
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.