We have an opportunity available at Infralogic, part of the ION Analytics division of the ION Group. ION Analytics is a provider of business intelligence, with niche products which cover public and private M&A, distressed debt and Infrastructure, to name a few. Infralogic is the only analytical platform for infrastructure investment professionals to originate new business by quickly gaining insights into the market. Our major offices are in London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai. We are looking for an Editorial Research Analyst for our Mumbai office. The Editorial Research Analyst role involves gathering, processing and systematizing data, as well as reporting on new market developments.
ION Analytics’ business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with market data to help subscribers find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity. On our platforms, banks, investors, and corporates can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently. Our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
ION Analytics’ solutions include Acuris, Dealogic, Infralogic and Selerity, and is part of the rapidly expanding ION Group.
· Gather data on existing or future projects in the renewable, power, energy or infrastructure markets.
· Identify and research about investors and their activity
· Managing databases for different countries, companies and sectors
· Reading company data to identify trends
· Backdate applicable transactions for our database. Research details pertinent to these transactions including, capital structure, advisors and people
· Assisting the editorial team in writing news pieces on project developments
Core Competencies required
· Understanding financial markets, corporate structure, and market developments
· Identifying what public information could be a source of news
· Keen eye for details and spotting mistakes
· The candidate must be a team player and should be flexible with timings to make sure he/she is a good fit in the dynamic and challenging atmosphere of a newsroom
· Other competencies in the areas of language, data analytics, data visualization, leadership and training would also be valuable
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· 0-3 years of experience in a reporting of financial role
· Infrastructure or energy market understanding (desired)
· A Postgraduate degree or diploma in journalism would be an advantage
· Good writing skills - candidates are required to write clear and crisp copy in English
· Attention to detail – ability to decipher and interpret numerical data and to extract pertinent information from documents
· Creative and diligent