We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Sales Contract Management team. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the Global Sales organization that will drive efficiencies, profitability, and stronger controls.
Successful people in ION will be able to learn from previous transactions experience and apply going forward to improve the process. As you learn ION’s approach, you will become an ambassador, with opportunities to coach new hires and staff in our portfolio companies.
- Be a critical member of distributed team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities.
- Closely interact with senior management to construct and deliver customer commercial documents.
- Develop relationships with ION Product / business areas to facilitate the ION sales process.
- Support the integration of newly acquired companies into the ION sales process.
- Partner with senior management and legal team in the negotiation of customer contracts.
- Drive and execute commercial operational efficiencies within the commercial team and wider sales organization.
- Support the account management team in forming and nurturing customer relations.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Commercially astute.
- Attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and hard-working individual who is goal orientated.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enjoys working with Sales and other Business Partners.
- Degree in Business or Finance and/or MBA.
- 5+ years software industry experience (Deal Desk/ Finance/ Sales Operations experience preferred).
- Excellent eye for business and shown ability in commercial negotiations.
- Some experience in software revenue recognition principles and have worked closely with finance/revenue teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations.
- Great partnership & teamwork skills.
- Previous deal desk or contract management experience.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.