We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are looking for bright, articulate candidates with strong drive and capability to learn and expand their current knowledge. Working as a team covering up to 24x7 hours the candidates must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to escalate when needed, a desire to provide high customer satisfaction and be reliable.
The range of equipment and applications to be managed will also be expanding. Much of the expansion will be on Linux and Azure/AWS based platforms.
· Daily operations activities including Incident & Problem management, backups, environmental alert management and software rollout.
· Planning and Implementation of Changes to the Environment and the Applications.
· Acting as a primary point of contact into Openlink for named Openlink clients contacts
· Hands-on Technical support within the Managed Service team
Required Skills and Knowledge
Computer Science / Master of Computer Applications with up to 3 years' experience
· Strong troubleshooting skills in various Linux operating system.
· Shell Scripting
· Citrix / Thin client technologies
· Data storage and hosting environments
· AWS/Azure knowledge would be an added benefit
· Web technologies (e.g. Apache)
· MS SQL
· Windows Server
· Proven experience within an operational environment, including servers running Linux, Windows, and utilizing a Storage Area Network, and a major industry standard suite of server monitoring and backup tools.
· Experience in relationship building with customers within cloud environment.
· Formal qualification with Linux (RHEL Certification an advantage).
· Experience with network infrastructure management
· Shift hours of work (24/7 operation support)
· Willingness to learn Linux technology would be added advantage.
· Excellent Email writing and verbal communication.
· Hardworking & dedicated.
· Strong desire to provide excellent customer service to client
· Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done.
· Efficient to work on the assigned project alone as well be a good team player