The ION Group is made up of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments.
More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are looking for people who are competent in the cloud, both in the engineering and architecture areas of domain.
Cedacri S.p.A is the reference company for the IT management of the Italian banking sector.
Cedacri joined the ION group in March 2021.
Cedacri is dedicated to IT outsourcing services for the banking sector, and proudly serves over 200 customers, including banks, financial institutions, industrial companies and service companies.
The complete portfolio of solutions that the Cedacri Group offers to the market is divided into six business lines: Core Banking Solutions, Software Solutions, Infrastructure and Cloud, AM & System Integration, RegTech, Business Process As A Service (BPaaS).
Who you are
Your background is a technology related field or you have extensive experience in large scale networking environment equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
You have proven experience in working with cloud providers and dealing with cloud-first applications engineered with a cloud-native mindset.
You are a self-starter individual and constantly learning engineer and enjoy working in a team of peers.
You are open and candid about discussing solutions, problems and improvements within your team and others in the engineering organization.
You possess strong written and verbal communication skills able to communicate all levels and roles in the company. As a cloud engineer you may interact with clients serving as consultants and internally with engineers and stakeholders. Thanks to solid verbal and written communication you are able to relate with people, provide reports, and generate implementation documentation.
You are able to write technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture and hands-on experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
What you’ll be doing
• Responsible for solving network connectivity issues, adding/modifying NAT entries and firewall rules to enable connectivity
• Provide operational input and support for the operations, maintenance, and refinement of clients Enterprise Cloud environment, and fostering continuous improvement of client’s IT infrastructure.
• Provide network configuration support and document client requirements
• Work with clients to ensure that data flow diagrams are accurately completed to provide exact network connectivity
• Coordinate required changes working alongside other network and firewall teams
• Support Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that allow organizations/clients to style the availability and delivery of cloud computing services following business and technical requirements
• Responsible for the upgrade, installation, and configuration of monitoring solution for AWS, Windows, and Linux servers
• Provide report on current infrastructure status and plan for future usage
• Responsible for the configuration and support of backbones connection over DirectConnect (AWS), ExpressRoute (Azure), and an array of direct BPE connection handled over CSR1000
• Utilize approved tools to verify and take required action on events aggregated from network monitoring tools and Web Application Firewall
• Responsible for troubleshooting to ascertain root cause of issues
• Perform network system updates, patches, and configuration changes
• Map network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or extensive experience in large scale networking environment equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
• Our work language is English, hence it’s very important to be proficient with it
• Understanding of Internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF. You also possess know-how working with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos, and capability to work in a Linux/Unix environment
• You have knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills, specifically network performance analysis. Experience with Agile and DevOps model, as well as understanding of server scripting and modern deployment and configuration management techniques and tools (Ansible, Ops Works, etc)
• Certification: Information technology infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification or experience with ITIL, Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification, or other advanced networking certification is also a requirement for the Cloud Network engineering job
Contract and locations
· Contract Type: Full-time, permanent contract.
· Locations: Milan, Roma, Collecchio, Castellazzo Bormida
Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) Please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.