The Cloud Infrastructure Architect represents a technical and experienced position in the IT organization. An individual in this position is responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing highly available, reliable, performant, and cost-effective infrastructure systems in Microsoft Azure.
They must be able to work independently on tasks of moderate and high complexity and assist the applications groups when necessary. They are expected to use their technical knowledge and ability to work with others to solve technical issues in a timely fashion. They will assist in project work in addition to their architectural responsibilities.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect should have in-depth knowledge of specialized technologies -- specifically
· Microsoft Azure Resource Manager and Azure Active Directory
· Cloud Native Server/Systems infrastructure
· Site Reliability and Infrastructure Redundancy
· Public Cloud Storage Services
· System/Network Security
· Identity and Authorization
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, plan, and implement cloud infrastructure solutions for hosted Customers
- Creating technical documentation and architectural diagrams
- Designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects
- Proactively searching for issues and automating solutions
- Obtain, understand, and interpret performance data/metrics
- Solid understanding of networking/routing and protocols in a cloud computing environment.
- Create and maintain documentation, records, diagrams, and reports of any/all systems and deployments
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
- Microsoft Azure RM and Azure AD
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid Understanding of cloud networking concepts
- Identity Management
- SAML/SSO authentication workflows
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Works well on a small team, motivated by peers and vice versa.
- 5 years: Previous experience with Microsoft Azure
- 5 years: In-depth knowledge of cloud technologies, server/systems infrastructure, System/Network Security
- 10 years: Previous system administration experience on multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- 10 years: Experience working in a dynamic, high-pressure production environment with a mid to large systems and storage infrastructure with multiple sites/networks
- Certifications from Microsoft Azure or related technology certifications are preferred
- Azure Automation experience
- Citrix Netscaler, Virtual Apps & Desktops; or Windows/Azure Virtual Desktop
- 5 years experience with Amazon AWS Cloud