The ION Group is made up of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments.
More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are looking for people who are competent in the cloud, both in the engineering and architecture areas of domain.
Cedacri S.p.A is the reference company for the IT management of the Italian banking sector.
Cedacri joined the ION group in March 2021.
Cedacri is dedicated to IT outsourcing services for the banking sector, and proudly serves over 200 customers, including banks, financial institutions, industrial companies and service companies.
The complete portfolio of solutions that the Cedacri Group offers to the market is divided into six business lines: Core Banking Solutions, Software Solutions, Infrastructure and Cloud, AM & System Integration, RegTech, Business Process As A Service (BPaaS).
Who you are
The cloud engineer is an evolutionary IT role aimed at successfully helping organizations implement, deploy, secure and/or manage public clouds.
As a Cloud engineer you are a technical professional with broad skills that extend beyond the domain of any particular IT silo.
You typically assume multiple personas, including “the IT professional,” “the communicator” and “the business liaison.” These personas correspond to technical skills, interpersonal skills and business skills, respectively.
You aim to create the best Cloud experience for our customers and users, focusing on building a framework to support the design, plan, implement, operate and govern Cedacri cloud strategies with a view to move our standard solutions to a Cloud native SaaS model.
What you’ll be doing?
• Implementing hybrid IT by integrating different cloud services with back-end, traditional data center services
• Migrating legacy applications to public cloud services in a rehosting (“lift and shift”) approach or in a revising approach for efficiency, agility and disaster recovery (DR)
• Collaborating with developers and owning the “Ops” part of DevOps to ensure that cloud-native workloads are deployed according to IT best practices for security, governance, identity and access management, and monitoring
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
These are must haves!
• Our work language is English, hence it’s very important to be proficient with it
• Experience working with Kubernetes in Development and Production environments. Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) is a plus.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in one of the major clouds, including: AWS, Azure, GCP; with comprehensive understanding and real-world implementation experience (We currently use AWS and Azure)
• Microservices in a cloud-native world: architecture, deployments and engineering in the Kubernetes and Container space. You are familiar on how to protect services and adhere with industry standards / best practices
• Understanding of network topologies, deployment methods and constraints in the cloud
Familiarity with application development methodologies in a cloud-native environment and container-based runtime [DC1]
• Understanding of distributed systems is essential. You would benefit from having architectural concepts like SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
• Experience working with diverse, remote, and distributed teams across multiple regions and time zones.
• A proven track record as an engineer or architect and working in a consulting capacity directly with teams, to educate and provide the best solution achievable within the project constraints
• Cyber Security and operations awareness: understanding the basic principles (identity and access management, least privilege, encryption, etc) and strive towards implementing best practices and education, to establish a robust set of defences in line with the company requirements.
Technologies you’ll work with:
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Container platforms: OpenShift, Kubernetes.
• CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, Azure DevOps.
• Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
• Languages: Bash, PowerShell, Python, Go, Java.
• Orchestration tools: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation templates, ARM templates, GCP Deployment Manager templates.
• Configuration management tools: Ansible
Contract and locations
· Contract Type: Full-time, permanent contract.
· Locations: Milan, Roma, Collecchio, Castellazzo Bormida
Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) Please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
If you’re from a non-EU country, you must have a valid EU visa or work permit.