We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
• Work with the ASP and cloud operations staff to help with customer database issues and deal with standard operational activities for production systems
• Create maintenance plans and jobs, backup and recovery, user accounts, database log space monitoring, and maintenance on mission critical database systems
• Co-ordinate with development team and conduct fine tune performance using combination of database optimization, queries and automated workload repositories (AWR) for both development and production database systems maintained at data centre
• Enforce security and access control across all database servers in the network
• Research and implement hardware specifications for cluster setup, load balancing and shared storages
• Contribute to overall capacity planning and configuration management of the supporting infrastructure
• Create DB recommendation for production and development environments
Provide development and design assistance to development and other application support teams
Working with Project Managers to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the system/s, including the development of contingency plans
Ensure system integrity, efficiency and performance through management of core system resources (CPU/Memory/IO Performance)
Follow the problem management, change management and service management processes
Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning
Evaluate and manage existing software and licensing configurations, systems and the design, implementation and management of new/improved systems
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field required
Oracle certified DBA with vast knowledge in this area.
• SQL/Oracle certified DBA secondary (Skills )
• 2-4 years of experience as DBA in production and development environments
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Must be a team worker with outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with minimal guidance
• Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible
• 4 years of experience using SQL server
• Experience in writing and analyzing complex SQL (stored procedures, triggers, etc.)
• Experience with data modeling tools
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle and MSSQL Server
• Knowledge of indexes, index management