ION manages a global client base running high availability financial systems 24 hours per day. To support this critical service, ION runs a “follow the sun” approach, with teams across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
The successful candidate will be adept at providing support, juggling multiple tasks, managing priorities, maintaining a strong relationship with clients while working in a fast paced and demanding environment. We are looking for individuals who understand the importance of customer relationships and who are solution focused with excellent communication skills. You will have an interest in both IT and finance and be enthusiastic about developing your skill set with a thirst for knowledge.
ION's Service Desk provides a first line support service to clients and forms part of the global support function. Key responsibilities will include interacting with clients daily, communicating status and risk relating to ongoing incidents and handling all functional questions. ION is looking for candidates with an enquiring mind and an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving. ION strive to offer an unparalleled level of support to our clients and as such, candidates should be able to understand the client's perspective and work with them to reach a combined understanding and issue resolution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, communicating confidently using business acumen
- Log, prioritise and manage incidents within ION's IT Service Management tool, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately reflect the current state of investigation
- Investigate and resolve incidents, communicating the status, risk and any other updates effectively and promptly to the client
- Liaise with internal groups as necessary, including Technical Support, Development, Implementation and Infrastructure teams
- Build and maintain a strong functional and business knowledge across ION's suite of products
- Ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
- Set and follow "Best Practice" in an ITIL aligned Service Desk
- Willing to work in shifts, weekends and Indian bank holidays, for maintenance work
- Willing to travel, if required
- B.E / B. Tech degree (or equivalent)
- 2-7 years' experience in a similarly fast paced industry
- Strong analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
- First class written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and colleagues
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity
- High quality of execution, productivity, rigor, and attention to detail
- Teamwork, reliability and collaboration
- Lateral thinking and good judgment
- Imagination, creativity, innovation and continuous service improvement
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial markets; knowledge of derivatives and electronic trading (highly desirable)
- Knowledge / experience of ITIL processes
- Experience of working in Managed services / SaaS environments
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.