We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
What you’ll be doing:
• Design, build, and deliver end-to-end projects using an Agile and User Centered Design process.
• Build a next generation trade processing system using a component-based service-oriented architecture and SOLID design principles.
• Work with a real time platform that handles activities like trade and position management, risk management, collateral and interest, margining, fees and commissions, balances, market processing and reporting. ION systems connect to 50+ exchanges globally to provide real time trades and market data to buy-side and sellside clients.
• Shape the future financial technology stack via innovative low-touch, real-time, high performant ION products. Innovate, recommend, design and drive forward a product evolution that creates business value for the end user and/or reduces Total Cost of Ownership of the product.
• Hit the ground running with a technology stack that includes Java, C#, HTML5, Guice and Oracle, reporting tools like Jasper Reports and BIRT, and a test automation stack using Robot Framework.
• Help a growing group of developers deliver quality code and build a culture of continuous learning and improvement in your team by identifying technical debt/improvements.
What we’re looking for:
• 3+ years of product development experience in designing and coding complex
enterprise applications in Core Java (Java 8+).
• A good understanding of multithreading, design patterns, data structures and
• Hands on experience with SQL and some familiarity with database technologies and
concepts like DB Partitioning/Sharding/Indexing
• Experience with any dependency injection framework like Spring, Guice
• Experience of test-driven development, which includes Unit and Acceptance / End-to-
•Experience with Agile software development (e.g., SCRUM or KANBAN) and/or a User
Centered Design process.
• Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins pipelines for Continuous
Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD), maven, gradle.
• (Optional) Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global f
financial markets and financial products.
Soft skills that we embrace include:
• Excellent analytical skills and strong lateral thinking.
• Able to work in an agile way seeking continuous improvement to reduce waste.
• Champion in test automation.
• Able to understand customer needs and provide them a good level of support.
• Team oriented approach to problem solving.
• Good communication skills with active participation in group discussions.
• Strong work ethic and sense of ownership. Take a personal interest in owning
dependencies and results; even when not directly their responsibility, using a “see it,
say it, sort it” attitude.
• Able to assess priority and self-organize tasks