Software Engineers/Server-Side develop state-of-the-art C++ applications for our groundbreaking automated foreign exchange platform. You will own (typically multiple months-long) development projects end-to-end, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations. As part of our remarkably high-performing team of collaborative, talented engineers, you will have significant freedom and self-direction to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope.
• Work in C++ and Python to design, implement, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, globally distributed systems related to automated trading
• Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
• Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
• Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
• Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
• Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
• Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
• Lead and mentor junior engineers
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Exceptional programming skills and grasp of software engineering principles with 5 or more years programming in C++
• Demonstrated success managing development projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making
• Familiarity with SQL and databases
• Bachelor’s or advanced certificate in STEM field or equivalent experience
• Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle iterations
• Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading
• Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution)
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With over 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.