We are looking for people with a can-do attitude who are passionate about solving complex problems to help us meet strong customer demand for new workflows. We're constantly looking for ways to do things faster, improving our software's time to market and throughput, and improving our own development approach.
Our primary technology is C++ on RedHat Linux.
- You will be involved in all aspects of the software process, designing and delivering trading solutions in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Your software will form part of a world-leading suite offering rich functionality. You will also help us to improve our development approach.
- Teamwork is an integral part of our success as a whole. You will be able to work effectively with others and build a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant team of developers building high performance interfaces to global financial markets.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- C++ or transferable object oriented skills from similar languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience of Linux / Unix operating systems.
- Proven experience of the software development lifecycle in a commercial environment.
- Experience of developing and optimizing highly scalable services and distributed systems.
- Experience of applying automation tools for software building, testing, and deployment.
- Highly numerate degree.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator. Ability to interpret requirements and specifications and to describe highly technical designs or solutions simply and clearly to less technical audiences.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize own workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Financial markets knowledge, especially in derivatives, is an advantage.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe,
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.