We’re seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to work in our ION Markets division. As a BDR, you’ll make contact with businesses in ION’s target sectors to identify their needs in cleared derivatives, secured funding, fixed income, equities, foreign exchange, and asset management. You’ll identify, qualify, and nurture the potential for follow-up by ION’s Sales team.
We’ll give you the tools, training, and support you need to achieve clear targets in line with ION’s overall business goals. You’ll coordinate with our Head of Marketing and foster strong relationships with the Sales team to ensure leads are qualified, tracked, and measured through inbound and outbound prospecting.
The role is KPI-based. It relies on defined processes, BANT qualification, and a high degree of organization to exceed targets and achieve the highest standards.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Roles and Resposibilities
- Identify prospects within ION Markets’ addressable market and establish their need for a system in the near or long-term future.
- Communicate ION’s enterprise software value proposition, according to the prospect’s recognized pain points.
- Contact the highest-potential companies within ION Markets’ target market sectors and develop relationships with decision-makers and influencers. Use channels such as inbound and outbound calling, emailing, appointment setting, social media, and face-to-face prospecting at industry events.
- Help develop lead-generation to drive awareness and demand, to support strong lead conversions into the sales pipeline.
- Use sales enablement kits, including call scripts and product collateral, to support prospecting within a clearly defined process.
- Build a nurturing queue of prospective leads to be managed over time.
- Use CRM tools including Salesforce, LinkedIn, and Sales Navigator to manage leads, record the sales pursuit process, capture information, and communicate with the Sales team as leads are identified.
- Work cross-functionally across ION’s entire organization to solicit information about the target prospects within the assigned territory. Collaborate with teams from marketing to product managers, to solution consulting and sales, right through to services.
- Ensure seamless handover of qualified leads to Sales, continuously tracking and supporting the opportunity in line with the sales qualification needs.
- Attend trade shows and conferences, acting as an ambassador by engaging face-to face with our target market.
- Stay up to date with industry news, trends, and competitors.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent track record in producing sales-qualified leads.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel and CRM tools such as SFDC.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Data integrity focused.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Experience in the Capital Markets industries.
- Languages: German, French, or Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1–3 years’ experience in inside sales, business development, recruitment, and/or lead generation.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.