ION Corporates is the world’s leading provider of Treasury Management Solutions. We provide a complete range of solutions that meet the needs and expectations of treasurers and commodities firms regardless of company size, complexity, asset classes, transaction volumes, or locations. ION Corporates serves a community of over 80,000 users and 2,000 or the world’s leading corporations. Our customers include blue chip names such as Disney, Salesforce, Procter and Gamble, Coca-Cola, Chanel, UPS, BP, Uniper, Bank of England, ECB, Tesco, Etihad, McDonalds and many more. Our solutions help customers manage over $1.2 trillion cash, $2.2 trillion in central bank reserves and process over 50% of the world’s physical energy trading. Our portfolio of products includes Wallstreet Suite, Openlink, IT2, Reval, ITS, City Financials,Treasura, Openlink Endur, Allegro Horizon, Rightangle, TriplePoint and Aspect, giving our customers choice and flexibility. ION Corporates vision is simple; transform how the commodity and treasury industries operate and empower our community of users to achieve more through digitalization and automation. We seek talented Business Development reps to join our Treasury team and generate and qualify new leads, build pipeline, position ION and our value proposition in the marketplace and conceptualize new sources of leads or market interest.
A Business Development Representative within the ION Treasury division will establish contact with businesses in ION’s target sectors, identify their needs in treasury and risk management, identifying, qualifying and nurturing the potential for follow up by ION’s sales team.
A BDR will be given all the tools, training and support needed to achieve clearly defined targets in line with ION’s overall business goals. This position requires successful candidates to coordinate with the Head of Marketing and foster strong relationships with the sales team to ensure leads are qualified, tracked and measured through both inbound and outbound prospecting. The role is KPI based and relies on adopting defined processes and being highly organized in order to exceed targets relying on BANT type qualification to the highest standards.
We offer a competitive base salary and a very generous commission structure. In 2021 over 95% of our Business Development Representatives met or exceeded their targets!
- Identify prospects within ION Corporate’s addressable market and establish their need for a system, in either the near of long-term future
- Communicate ION’s enterprise software value proposition, according to the prospects recognized pain points
- Contact the highest potential companies within ION Corporate’s target market sectors and develop relationships with decision makers and influencers through a variety of channels including but not limited to inbound and outbound calling, emailing, appointment setting, social media and face-to-face prospecting at industry events
- Assist in the development of lead generation to drive awareness and demand to support strong lead conversions into the sales pipeline
- Utilize sales enablement kits, including call scripts and product collateral, to support prospecting within a clearly defined process
- Build a nurturing queue of prospective leads to be managed over time
- Utilize leading CRM tools, including Salesforce, LinkedIn and Sales Navigator to manage leads, record the sales pursuit process, capture information, and communicate with the sales team as leads are identified.
- Work cross-functionally across ION’s entire organization from marketing to product managers, to solution consulting and sales, right through to services to solicit information regarding the target prospects within assigned territory.
- Ensure seamless handover of qualified leads to sales, continuously tracking and supporting the opportunity in line with the sales qualification needs.
- Attend trade shows and conferences, while acting as an ambassador by engaging face-to face with our target market.
- Keep up to date with industry news, trends and competitors.
- Travel, some international (as COVID restrictions allow)
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience as a BDR
- Passion for winning
- Intellectually Curious
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Data integrity focused
- Solid skills in MS Excel
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally in a fast paced, high-energy environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to travel internationally (as COVID restrictions allow)
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience in inside sales/business development/recruitment and/or lead generation is a plus but not necessary
- A track record in producing sales qualified leads is a plus, but not necessary
- Prior experience in Treasuries, Commodities, or other financial services industries is a plus, but not necessary
- Exposure to CRM tools such as SFDC is a plus but not necessary
- Proficiency with German, French or Spanish is a plus, but not necessary
More About ION
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.