Blackpeak is seeking an Researcher, to be based in its Tokyo office, focusing on risk investigations (including due diligence, disputes and business intelligence) in Japan and South Korea. We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and self-driven individual who wants to be part of a high quality, diverse and dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across a range of industries.
You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research and analysis of large amounts of information and then assessing accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the Blackpeak senior management team and according to set deadlines.
Blackpeak researchers join the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Graduates from any discipline, including law, finance, journalism, liberal arts or social sciences, are welcome to apply.
Skills and experience
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English, Japanese, and Korean.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the Internet and human sources.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally, as well as more complex issues, in discussion with clients and Blackpeak staff.
- A solid understanding of the business and political environment in Japan and South Korea, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s offices. This may include periods working with colleagues in other countries.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.