BCM & Service Recovery Officer – 9400
- Defining Disaster Recovery & Resilience strategy
- Ensuring Resilience is at the forefront of the design for any of the new products & services built.
- Leading DR activities, such as design, input and assistance to project and testing teams, coordinating tests, resource identification and alignment
- Conducting post-test reviews and reports, including actions, from Resilience & any DR testing, are produced.
- Ensuring identified DR & BC Risks are valid, kept up to date, Risks status and actions are communicated appropriately.
- Assisting in continuously improving the Business Continuity capability across the ION Markets division
- Creation, review, and updating of the BCM and DR policies, plans, procedures.
- Ensure Technical recovery runbooks are owned, managed and updated by technical/Support teams.
- Assisting teams in BC planning, business impact analysis assessments, testing of plans, and recommending suitable recovery strategies.
- Liaise with internal governance to ensure that we are moving towards an approved compliant infrastructure.
- Identify and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce operational risks, optimize efficiency and improve standards.
- Working with Implementation, Support, Product & IT Operations Teams to ensure that that the infrastructure and associated management / monitoring tools are both supportable and maintainable
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience as either a Business Continuity or Service related DR analyst
- Previous experience of working with varied service orientated technologies in the financial industry.
- The ability to impact and influence without direct line manager authority.
- Experience of working in a Cloud/Managed Hosted IT service environment
- Experience of contributing to technical solution design & development, leveraging existing tool suites and propose best of breed solutions.
- Experience in ensuring that infrastructure conforms to architectural principles (eg supportability, future-proofing, standards and strategy.
- Demonstrable experience successfully challenging counterparts on solution design resulting in an improved product.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate several tasks/projects in parallel including management of complex technical projects
- Experience of statistical analysis and management reporting
- Project Management experience ideally with external and internal stakeholders;
- Exposure to full project lifecycle (analysis, development, integration, deployment, test and UAT)
- BCI qualification (MBCI, CBCI) or relevant BC/DR experience or equivalent professional
- Membership (e.g. DRII).
- Additional Project Management certifications/qualifications (Prince 2/ PMP / Six-Sigma) would be advantageous.
- Assertive, results driven, enthusiastic, with a professional and flexible approach;
- Drive and motivation to succeed in a challenging environment with multiple parallel demands on time;
- Enjoys pace and remains calm under pressure
- Collaborative approach
- Excellent risk management and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach to role and working hours in support of dynamic global project requirements
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts