- Design and implement solutions to build out our production AWS environment
- Ensure our Public Cloud is secure, automated, resilient, scalable and cost-effective
- Perform L3 support activities to manage and maintain the production environment
- Build our IaC capability leveraging AWS tools and Terraform
- Design, implement and grow Infrastructures capability to run it’s own CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure delivered platforms
- Support our development teams in their pipelines, IaC implementations and their infrastructure needs
- Provide design and solution consultancy to development teams on how to leverage cloud infrastructure
- Help manage our hybrid challenges for connectivity and data exchange, including migration strategy from on-prem to cloud
- Grow and support our resilience, reliability and DR frameworks, working with application teams to ensure we leverage AWS capabilities effectively
- Assist in IaaS management and process to use O/S effectively within AWS environments
- Build processes to improve and then maintain security posture within hybrid AWS environments
- Raise, technically verify and implement change control requests
- Update and audit change management database entries as needed
- Interact with other team members and other teams to progress projects and incidents
- Engagement with the wider global support teams using follow-the-sun model to manage visibility of ongoing incidents and service issues
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Proven third line support experience in a time-sensitive, high availability customer-facing environment
- Proven experience in building AWS designs, leveraging IaC through AWS tools and / or Terraform, Terragrunt and deploying through CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in managing hybrid workloads and moving workloads between On-premise and public cloud
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring strategies to ensure cost optimized and service stable hosting for our services.
- Experience building and running IaaS environments in an automated way in public cloud
- Ability to support irregular working hours including weekend work
- Strong hands-on knowledge of maintaining security posture in public cloud through IaC and CI/CD methods, as well as configuration management of resources at scale.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills with familiarity with system monitoring, management and diagnostic tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to share complex technical problems to a non-technical, or less technical audience.
- Experience working within an critical production environment, with associated change / incident process controls (even if automated).
- Experience of hybrid environments, esp. AWS a benefit
- Formal accreditation a benefit (AWS solutions architect, Terraform associate)
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts