We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
•Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
•Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
• Design, deployment, and support of ION Cloud Infrastructure.
• The day to day role will entail providing technical direction to a global operations team who address all the issues related to the technical operations of our hosted and managed systems.
• Participating in critical severity incidents with clients and providing technical direction to the support teams
• Although many of the existing team are experienced and already used to dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis, this role will spend some time working directly with the client base to enhance and develop the support services.
• Planning and Control of Changes to the environment, and the applications.
• Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
• Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
• Work in conjunction with product engineering, architecture teams and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture, and the general application functionality used to maintain data integrity.
• Manage the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
• Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
• Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
• Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto scaling.
Required Skills & Experience
• At least 5-10 years of experience in leading an outsourced operation including servers running Windows, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, web servers. Must be hands on in working with the various technologies
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure design, deployment & best practices
• AWS S3, EC2, RDS, & networking skills
• Bash & JSON scripting
• DevOps and automation experience in a cloud environment
• Cloud security and networking concepts
• Ability to architect cloud services and deliveries
• Experience in managing diverse customer applications within an outsourced environment with a focus on financial applications in the areas of treasury and FX is an advantage
• Experience in leading and coordinating System Administrators, DBAs and operations staff
• Experience with managing, changing, and deploying network infrastructure
• Able to produce professional and accurate written reports for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Familiarity with operations within a large corporate data centre environment would also be an advantage
• Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs.
• Proficient in high level script languages (Python, JSON and/or YAML) as well as script environments like bash
• Deep experience administering Linux (RHEL, AWS Linux) systems.
• Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts. Puppet experience is highly desired as well experience with Chef, Ansible and Docker
• Experience with monitoring, metrics, networks, server, and application status and integrating with Nagios OMD
• Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2-Factor)
• Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment.
• Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, MariaDB) a bonus
• A passion and desire to innovation and automation
• Understanding of ITIL terminology i.e. incident, problem & change
THINK LONG-TERM - Cope with stress / prioritize, THINK LONG-TERM - Develop people, ENTREPRENEURIAL - Connect dots / synthesize info, ENTREPRENEURIAL - Deliver / have a killer instinct, ENTREPRENEURIAL - Think laterally / have a vision, RIGOROUS - Make the right decisions, RIGOROUS - Think critically / analytically,