Barracuda FX (part of the ION Group) is a leading provider of end-to-end, front-office foreign exchange platforms for medium and large sell-side banks. We provide complete systems covering trading, sales, compliance, reporting and all front office functions. We take a product-led and engineering-focused approach to delivering advanced technology to demanding customers. We leverage advanced, message-based architectures to create systems which process billions of dollars in transactions across five continents each day.
We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.
At Barracuda FX, we are committed to building a thriving, diverse and connected culture where people feel welcomed and are invited to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day.
Application Support Engineers (Trading Systems) are the front line of Barracuda FX working with customers on a day-to-day basis. As Barracuda FX provides mission critical systems for foreign exchange, Application Support Engineer (Trading Systems) ensure those systems are functioning every day, every second and every millisecond. ASEs provide hands-on system operation, answer questions, support in-house teams, troubleshoot problems, perform upgrades and anything else required, ensuring our customers have a reliable and dependable service.
- Monitor, deploy, support and operate sophisticated front-office trading systems processing billions of dollars in trades a day.
- Interact with a wide spectrum of people at customer sites, including front office support teams, system administrators, developers and traders.
- Perform regular system checks and analysis and provide reports of system functioning and service level.
- Troubleshoot and restore system processing in event of incidents and problems.
- Handle in-bound service requests and questions.
- Perform proactive event management
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 2-5 years previous experience in a customer support role.
- Experience working in FinTech or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and experience in diagnosing connectivity issues.
- Understanding and experience working with messaging protocols (SOAP, JMS, MQ, FIX or others).
- Strong attention to detail, self-management, initiative, discipline, and follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Competent with SQL.
- Familiarity with databases and message-based software systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet client demands.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Trading support experience/exposure to trading protocols; e.g. FIX is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or object-oriented programming language.
- Experience working with both Windows Server and UNIX/Linux.
- Service Management knowledge.
More About ION Group
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Estimated Salary range: 108,000 USD - 135,000 USD
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.