Financial Analyst, MI Banking, India
There is an opportunity for an individual in the MI team to utilize their skills as an analyst but additionally utilize their strategic thinking and business acumen. The role also ensures that guidelines and policies around cash processes are adequate and effective, and that such policies prevent significant errors in cash balance calculation The need for attention to detail, careful and in-depth analysis and thorough understanding of banking processes and basic journal entries are critical for this role.
What will you be doing:
· Monitor & investigate all banking transactions and detect irregularities if any;
· Prepare weekly bank reconciliation reports of all transactions in the bank(s);
· Reconcile and posting transactions with related to Inter-company, multi currencies & bank fees etc.;
· Follows up for all unreconciled transactions continuously to the stakeholders till closed;
· Adhere to corporate standards and procedures in all reconciliation activities;
· Provide feedback to the accounting department on how to improve on internal controls, and also pinpoint areas where risks relating to banking transactions can be minimized
· Improve personal skill set regarding software proficiency, financial analysis and data processing
· Perform all other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization
What you’ll need to know:
Education and expertise:
· Degree in Accountancy
· Possess knowledge of general accounting principles and workings of the banking systems
· Demonstrate the required skill to perform detailed work accurately and promptly too
· Exemplify good communication skill and ability to communicate professionally with others both verbally and in writing
· Display problem-solving skill even under stressful conditions and deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specially in like Microsoft Excel
· Able to manage own time and that of others effectively
· Manage and develop others in order to achieve organizational goals.
Familiarity with systems such as NetSuite, Concur
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.