We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Trading operations engineers have strong technical abilities and have a software development background with a passion for operations and drive to automate. Technical ownership of issues and ability to handle high pressure situations is mandatory as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time.
Work every day with the smartest quants, traders and developers at top banks, hedge funds and asset managers -- our clients.
Your duties and responsibilities:
· Frontline break/fix support for production application environments
· Take action on infrastructure and system alerts and remediate production issues
· Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance
· Deployment of applications to production and staging environments
· Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring through automation
· FIX on-boarding to MarketFactory and associated client management
· Build, configure and maintain application environments
· Inform management on the progress of incidents impacting production
· Contribute to our knowledge base management
· Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· Love of financial markets - knowledge of trading systems connectivity, including FIX engines and market data protocols
· Proven experience of working cross-functionally to quickly resolve issues between clients, venues, support, development and infrastructure
· Experience with Linux/Unix and SQL
· 3-10 years' application support experience of large-scale eFX systems and architectures
· Past experience of working in a high pressure, Realtime application support environment and dealing with trading desks
· Proven experience of being able to respond clearly and concisely within timeframes of minutes not hours
· Experience of configuring and managing low-latency, high-availability trading systems
· Experience in automating tasks
· Understanding of core networking infrastructure concepts, including TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols and data-center architecture
· Experience of the following: Systems Infrastructure, Linux troubleshooting, Python or Bash, Atlassian (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence, Service Desk)