The Asian Venture Capital Journal (AVCJ)’s research division is looking to hire a full time research associate to be based in Hong Kong.
AVCJ is the leading information and data provider for private equity and venture capital in Asia. Part of the product consists of a historical database of Asian private equity and venture capital (PE&VC) maintained on a daily basis by a team of analysts and deal researchers.
AVCJ is part of Acuris, London-headquartered financial media company whose products and services provide the advisory and corporate community with actionable intelligence and data.
The position will be responsible for supporting the Research team in its maintenance tasks. The role will primarily involve researching and processing information as well as offering unique opportunities to get full exposure to the Asian PE markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Maintaining and expanding the historical PE database to ensure it reflects and provides a consistent high standard of data and analysis
- Interpreting financial data and other financial information in relation to PE transactions
- Analyzing specific transactions to determine whether they meet the database inclusion criteria
- Updating the database to ensure that deal records, company records and individual profiles are accurate and comprehensive
- Developing relationships with private equity firms in order to understand their investment activities and strategies
- Providing support to the team on the research publications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics or finance
- Understanding of financial statements
- Proficient in written and spoken English, business level in Japanese
- Good computer skills (especially Excel); Other programming language such as python and SQL is a plus.
- Highly numerate
- Keen interest in the Private Equity industry
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to work towards deadlines.
Candidates of various background will be considered and attractive remuneration including generous staff benefits will be offered.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within two weeks from the posting date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.