Mergermarket, Acuris (an ION company) is the leading provider of forward-looking intelligence, real-time business news, analysis, and data on M&A. Our global network of dedicated journalists reports on early stage opportunities ahead of other news sources. Together with our specialised analysis and data, Mergermarket offers an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
The reporter will cover the consumer and leisure sectors in China. He/she will be responsible for interviewing company executives and market experts regarding M&A and investment strategies and market trends to compile into intelligence reports. The position could be based in either Beijing or Shanghai.
• Interview high-level Chinese corporate executives and write stories in English
• Research and analyze global, and especially China/HK sector consolidation, PE/VC investment and capital market trend.
• Responsible for going through A-share listed consumer and retail companies by prioritizing largely impacted subsectors including restaurant and retail, food and beverage to less impacted e-commerce.
• Responsible for reaching out to executives or IRs via Linkedin, website/database and personal networks to arrange interview.
• Target and prioritize high profile consumer brand name to fetch reader attentions.
• Tap consumer sector together with the goal to increase PE coverage, enhance cross-team collaboration with AVCJ /Dealreporter.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Previous journalism and reporting experience is preferred
• Fluent in Mandarin and English (articles will be written in English)
• Ability to work under deadline pressure
• Quick learners
• Eye for detail
• Team players