The ION Corporates Sales and Account management team is a global group of experienced Sales, Account Management, pre-sales, and Sales Operations professionals who collaborate closely with all areas of the organization, in a team-selling environment.
Account managers are responsible for retention of our customer base, referencability of our client base and generating upsell revenue through establishing trusted relationships to facilitate our customer’s success.
Your main responsibility will be to act as a primary point of contact on all account matters for a portfolio of customers in the EMEA region who are using one of ION’s treasury solutions.
For each of your customers, you will be responsible for gaining a full knowledge of their treasury operations and their current use of the relevant ION treasury solution. You will work closely with your customers to optimise and improve their use of the solution in order that they gain the maximum possible value from their investment.
In addition, you will take an active role in working with other departments to deliver a high-quality service across all aspects of the customer relationship.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers in the region
- Understanding each customer’s treasury operations
- Developing and executing account plans with a goal of optimising usage, increasing revenues and customer satisfaction.
- Driving revenue growth through execution of ION’s go-to-market strategies, with a focus on opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
- Generating commercial proposals and presentations, encompassing both software licensing and professional services
- Promoting ION value added solution to bring further value to customers from their relationship with ION.
- Working regularly with customer support, professional services, commercial, legal, invoicing, and senior management teams to ensure high quality service delivery across all engagements
- Representing the company at industry conferences and events
- Understanding key industry topics and trends, to support customer discussions
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to create professional-quality customer proposals in line with ION standards
- Good customer relationship and interpersonal skills
- Consultative, creative, problem-solving approach
- Experience in initiating, developing and nurturing relationships.
- Passion for excellence, passion for high quality materials and professionalism
- An enthusiasm for taking responsibility
- Ability to contribute effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Previous experience in treasury management or financial software preferred
- Proven track record of selling into existing customer base and high retention rate
- Practical experience within an account management customer facing role
- Solution selling experience to existing customer base
- Experience with Wallstreet Suite, City Financials, Reval or IT2