Fidessa is the market-leading sell-side equity order management and trade execution platform from ION Markets.
It is designed to meet the needs of a broad range of organizations with varying business requirements, complexity levels, and technological sophistication. Our regional trading platforms and global capabilities provide you with rich workflow automation and exception handling across multiple equity flow channels.
Fidessa is provided on a modular basis to reflect 4 key areas of equity operations – Voice, Electronic, Program, and Synthetic. We standardize workflows, reduce complexity, and provide tools for risk management and analytics.
Fidessa is delivered via our global cloud-based operating model that reduces TCO and allows you to focus your resources on differentiating and adding value to your business.
- Pre-trade client and user risk checks and controls.
- Comprehensive regional regulatory and compliance coverage.
- Position keeping and inventory management.
- Liquidity seeking and benchmark algos and smart order routing.
- Order and trade analytics.
- Extensive market and reference data coverage.
- Client order and trade confirmations.
- Flexible post-trade audit streams and reporting.
- At-trade analytics-based exception management.
- Order handling flexibility – complete control of the how, where and
- Automated rules-based workflow builder.
- Real-time order and trade analytics.
- Real-time order and trade performance monitoring and alerting.
- Systematic parent order handling throughout the order lifecycle.
- Dynamic definition and exposure of algo parameter changes.
- Order capture via FIX, Excel spreadsheet, and stored baskets.
- User-defined basket breakdown summaries.
- Analytics and performance monitoring at order, group, and basket level.
- Bulk order amendment.
- Average price composites.
- Crossing opportunity identification and planning.
- Wave trading.Pre-trade client and user risk checks and controls.
- ETF / Index composition data and key analytics displays.
- ETF order capture in units, shares, or notional value.
- Full or partial explosion of the ETF into its components.
- Ability to view ETF components in subcategories based on defined groupings.
- Custom benchmarking capabilities.
- Support for ETF creation / redemption workflow with linked orders and baskets.
- Single collection point for swap orders.
- Linked swap and house orders to facilitate straight through processing of executions.
- Risk and inventory management.
- Real-time position management of trading books and bank aggregation.
- Pre-trade risk checks against client and hedge orders.
- Short sell flagging of orders based on inventory and locate checks.
- Ability to handle complex workflows for ID markets.
- Synthetic shorting via long sell.