Who Are We?
The Americas Technical Support team at Fidessa (part of the ION Group) provides technical application support to equities and derivatives customers and forms part of ION Markets global support team. The team is responsible for technical investigation, keeping customers updated and reporting potential software defects to Development teams. Technical Support also takes the lead in service restoration in the event of software or hardware failures, capacity planning and Business Continuity testing of the Hosted environment. Our team is faced-paced, keeping up with regulations and changes in technology.
We are looking for Technical Support Analyst to focus on second-level technical application support. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent grad or someone with up to 3 years of experience. We have a growth culture from within and this role provides a career track for anyone who has an interest in technology, financial products, trading, client support, product management, or technical account management.
- Investigates incidents assigned to them.
- Prioritizes incidents and keep them up to date on the internal incident tracking system.
- Communicates updates effectively and promptly to the client.
- Builds up and maintains a knowledge of the software supported, including database structure and configuration files to assist in issue investigation.
- Deals with unexpected events or failures which limit clients use of the supported systems
- Carries out application system checks, aiming to identify and resolve issues before they impact clients
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service to clients
- Adheres to "best practice" and department procedures for client communications, incident progression and investigation
- Participates in the team shift patterns and assists with weekend work and out of hours escalation when required
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to read and understand code in one or more of the following: C++, TCL, UNIX/Shell Scripting. Exposure to Java or other mainstream programming languages would also be acceptable.
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Good grounding in and desire to develop technical skills in areas such as database technologies and system performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and approach problem solving in a logical manner
- Technical Support Analysts need to be dynamic, resilient and objective, delivering rapid and accurate solutions to the incidents raised by customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A confident and professional manner
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A strong desire to develop a deep understanding of financial markets and business flows and system functionality
- Working knowledge of networks and network infrastructure is desirable
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.