The ION Commodities Client Services Team is a global group of experienced Functional, Technical and Project Management consulting professionals who collaborate closely with all areas of the organization, and our customers.
Senior Consultants serve as key team members on software implementation projects and are responsible for providing industry and functional expertise relation to our solution. This is a customer facing position and significant travel is required (post pandemic).
• Provide industry and functional advice and troubleshooting in the discovery workshop, design, implementation, testing, and production support of the Product solution for the client’s business needs.
• Present the Product solution to client users.
• Support the deliverables of the technical consultants by providing business and functional guidance, review, testing, and validation of scripted solutions (reports, plugins, and interfaces).
• Consult with client users to determine business requirements and work processes to be addressed by one or more areas of the Product solution.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge in one or more areas of Product configuration and in one or more energy commodities.
• Provide guidance to Business Consultants in one or more functional areas of the Product solution.
• Assist with professional services best practices as directed by line manager.
• Assume hands-on project implementation duties in all phases of the Product implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
• Gather and document business requirements, configuration designs, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project Manager and Lead Business Consultant.
• Adhere to implementation best practices in one or more functional areas of the solution in all functional design, specifications, custom coding, and unit testing deliverables.
• Follow documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
• Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or a related IT field or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Specific Rightangle E/CTRM experience in a product management of professional services capacity.
• Significant experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry or relevant consulting implementation experience.
• Ability to work as part of a project team structure.
• Potential to lead and desire to become a leader of the consulting team while on projects.
• Capability to present demos to client users during the project.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Consultative, creative, problem-solving approach.
• Superior inter-personal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Willing to travel up to 80% of the time (post COVID).
Preferred (one or more of the following)
• Familiarity of Accounting GAAP rules.
• Knowledge of mapping Account coding with the General ledger.
• Understanding of Balance Sheet, Financial Statements and Chart of Accounts.
• Knowledge of Inventory Valuation methodologies.
• Understanding of Motor Fuels tax, VAT, and other tax applications within the Oil and Gas industry.
• Deep understanding of financial instruments used in the Refined Products, Crude, and NGLs businesses.
• Ability to design and implement complicated curves (Forward and Market) for pricing and valuation.
• Knowledge of MTM, Exposure and PNL reporting for ETRM
• Experience in VAR, Greeks and Stress testing.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.