Mergermarket, an ION Analytics company, is a leading provider of news and analysis on mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets, is seeking a reporter to cover corporate strategy and M&A developments for a business audience. Mergermarket readers include investment banks, law firms, private equity firms and advisers who assist in middle-market deals. Mergermarket, as an ION Analytics publication, uses actionable reporting, predictive analytics and data to help subscribers uncover business opportunities and understand the market for their sector.
Reporters develop specific industry beats, break news on M&A developments and interview C-suite business development executives to highlight upcoming growth strategies.
Reporters are expected to publish three articles per week, as well as longer-term analysis, trend and feature pieces including GP profiles and trend stories. They may also contribute to Mergermarket events, multimedia projects including podcasts, or media appearances to showcase their expertise and sector knowledge.
- Contribute three articles per week to the Mergermarket platform
- Write forward-looking stories highlighting company growth strategies
- Develop and maintain market contacts to break news on sector and company M&A plans
- Break news on company and industry mergers and acquisitions
- Engage with a sophisticated M&A and industry community through event and conference attendance and source building
- Collaborate with Mergermarket journalists in the Americas and across the globe to break news
- Travel to industry and Mergermarket conferences as necessary
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years business journalism experience
- Interest in exploring, understanding and telling the story of company’s growth plans and current obstacles
- Strong interviewing skills, with a demonstrated aptitude for breaking news and uncovering closely guarded information and maintaining strong source relationships
- Ability to write clear, concise and actionable copy
- Proficiency in understanding capital allocation and investment strategies
The estimated salary range is $80,000 - $120,000. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and skills.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group with 13,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe.
Our ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 40,000 customers worldwide provide an unparalleled career experience for those who share our vision.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business. ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor