Linux Operations Admin – 7896
- Provision of level 1-2 support for incidents and problem resolution in a time-sensitive, customer-facing environment. The right candidate will be able to handle incident management and communication succinctly between teams to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- Deep understanding of Linux RedHat based Linux infrastructure, VMware, server infrastructure, operations monitoring and change management.
- System and ticketing hygiene, strong understanding of UTIL practices.
- Creation, maintenance and review of all operational run books
- Management and deliver of maintenance of security posture, including vulnerabilities, configuration management and lifecycle management of our software stack from haredware to O/S to application supporting software.
- Request fulfillment for builds, installs, changes and support for delivery of our product into the production environment.
- Execution and creation of test plans and associated change controls in line with operational standards
- Test, verify, debug and deploy devices and configurations according to standards.
- Raise, technically verify and implement change control requests.
- Update and audit change management database entries as needed.
- Interact with other team members and other teams to progress projects and incidents.
- Engagement with the wider global support teams using follow-the-sun model to manage visibility of ongoing incidents and service issues.
Required Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Proven second line support experience in a time-sensitive, high availability customer-facing environment.
- Proven network support and administration experience with strong hands-on experience working with, deploying and supporting RedHat Linux and SAN architectures within large scale enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and supporting distributed datacenter compute services.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills with familiarity with system monitoring, management and diagnostic tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience one or more of the following vendor platforms (HPE/RHEL/VMWare/Veritas NetBackup)
- Experience of hybrid environments, esp. AWS and administration to container solutions a benefit
- Ability to support irregular working hours including weekend shift working patterns.
- Formal accreditation a benefit.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts