We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We are seeking a Data Scientist with 2+ years experience to assist with the delivery of models to provide actionable insights to management within the Commercial/Client function of ION Analytics. Reporting to the Head of Automation you will work closely with key stakeholders to develop models relating to predictions (likely to cancel, likely to be upsold), insights (identification of trends relating to time-series data) and unstructured data (text mining, NLP, sentiment analysis).
Roles & responsibilities
· Leverage data science on extensive internal and external data to better understand our business, clients and external factors influencing the organisation
· Identify actionable and data driven solutions to complex problems with a Commercial/Client focus
· Centralise data sets with a wide range of structures and integration methodologies to enrich and improve our commercial data lake
· Inform and influence management with the aim of driving change within the organization
· Leverage cross-dependencies with other data driven teams in ION Analytics (i.e. Data, BI teams) to drive the strong data culture behind our digital transformation
· Work closely with the rest of the automation team to establish the roadmap, leverage cross-synergies and maintain alignment with the vision of the team
· Promote best practices and help setting up standardized, effective processes to improve your work and work of others
· Work on ad hoc customized analytical projects for the commercial or finance team
· Actively build in depth knowledge in a range of domains:
o Commercial: Contracts and client relationships
o Accounting: Financials of ION and External companies
o Markets: M&A, LCM and ECM Deals
o Content: Articles and Journalism
o Product front end: Functionalities and platform offering
o Product back end: Usage and other archived information
Essential skills and competencies
· Working knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Examples are:
o Regression: Linear / Logistic / Polynomial
o Classification: k - nearest neighbours / Random forest
o Clustering: k - mean clustering / Hierarchical clustering
· Proficiency in Python and SQL
· Experience of agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
· Working knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
· Experience of Azure, AWS
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive problem solver, attention to detail and quality conscious
· Must be able to multitask and able to work on multiple projects at a given time
· Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
· Comfortable interacting with business stakeholders and internal clients
· Be a quick learner and demonstrate ability to adapt to change