The Private Equity Law Report (https://www.pelawreport.com/
), part of ION Analytics (https://iongroup.com/analytics/
) analyzes critical legal issues in the private equity industry, including related to rule making, compliance, taxation, marketing and other operational challenges that private equity sponsors confront on an ongoing basis. The Private Equity Law Report provides subscribers with proprietary analysis on dynamic issues unfolding in the industry and offers plain-English guidance to assist legal counsel and compliance professionals, presenting the information and tools subscribers need to revise practices, policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
The Private Equity Law Report has an immediate opening for an experienced, enthusiastic associate editor to join the team on apart-time basis, with expected hours of 25 to 30 hours per week. Hourly rate will be $45 to $50 depending on skills and experience. The role can be remote but will be based on EST hours.
- Researching and writing articles of various types – including our feature thematic, Q&A, analysis and “People Move” articles – based on extensive interviews of and other interactions with industry experts (such as law and accounting firm partners; private equity manager leaders, including GCs, CCOs, COOs, CFOs; and institutional investor decision-makers);
- Working with our editorial team to put together our feature thematic articles (5,000-8,000 words) by conducting interviews and contributing quotes to those articles;
- Identifying article topics, themes, trends and ideas that are central to the day-to-day business practices of our subscribers – primarily through engagement with sources and secondarily through reading, attendance at conferences and other information gathering;
- Editing articles for publication – including by contributors – and assisting the team in the closing process of the publication each week;
- Collaborating on planning of issues, including the content and order of each issue;
- Maintaining relationships with key private equity industry participants with the goals of: understanding the “pain points” experienced by private equity managers (particularly legal and compliance personnel), cultivating sources for articles, developing a pipeline of contributed articles, gathering industry intelligence and exploring event and other collaboration opportunities;
- Attending and writing up panels and webinars;
- Helping manage selected freelance writers, including assigning them articles and helping them develop questions and sources.
Experience, Skills and Education
- Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree preferred, but not required;
- At least three years of paid, full-time reporting experience at a news organization, covering legal, business or financial topics (coverage of the private equity industry a plus);
- Substantial experience writing long-form (i.e., 3,000+ word) legal or financial articles;
- Excellent reporting, writing, research, organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to consistently create engaging, thorough, sophisticated articles under deadline that require minimal editing;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Excellent computer skills across major software and applications.
About ION Group
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently, and our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.