ION is a successful next-generation global company. We are a leader in Financial Technology, Automation and Data. We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
With decades of industry experience and a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions, our global team is focused on building long-term partnerships with our customers so that we can help transform their business through continuous innovation.
With a dynamic team of 7,000+ employees, 60+ global offices, and over 4,800 clients worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution
Role: Travel and Expense Analyst
· Assisting US-based employees with the use of our internal Travel and Expense Tool (SAP Concur)
· Facilitating communication between ION and the travel management companies (TMCs) and making sure that the TMCs understand what requirements must be met.
· Reviewing the agency’s bookings for accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and policy adherence. Escalate the out-of-policy requests as required.
· Ensure we meet our SLA’s.
· Exercise judgment with policy interpretations and precedents to evaluate the exception request.
· Provide solutions to user problems promptly.
· Apply judgment and make sound, thoughtful decisions in high-pressure situations.
· Service Minded Attitude: patience, active listening, and problem-solving in a fast-paced “customer” oriented environment.
· Ability to act as a trusted resource; maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
· Ability to work to deadlines, excellent organizational skills, and precision.
· A proactive mindset to their daily tasks to improve the business travel processes.
· Understanding of the need for current and future business travel process improvements and changes so the process would be even more automated and scalable. Ability to execute these new changes.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Proven work experience as a Travel Agent/Travel assistant/Travel coordinator.
· Fluency in English; multilingualism is a plus.
· Organized self-starter, who is goal-oriented and possesses the intellectual curiosity to be a problem solver.
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively.
· Ability to work independently, while also being a team player.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, while ensuring tasks are completed on time in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to employees of all levels.
· Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.
· Strong attention to detail and good administrative skills but the ability to take a strategic view, applying first principles thinking.
· Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business, or relevant field.
· Experience with SAP Concur travel management tool or similar systems.