At ION, we’re a diverse group of visionary innovators
We provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics and insights to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments worldwide. By combining creativity with a passion for technology, we design solutions and services that simplify complex processes, boost efficiency, and empower better decision-making.
Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world. With decades of industry experience and a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions, our global team is focused on building long-term partnerships with our customers so that we can help transform their business through continuous innovation.
With a dynamic team of 6,000+ employees, 50+ global offices, and over 4,800 clients worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution.
ION manages a global client base running high availability financial systems 24 hours per day. To support this critical service, ION runs a “follow the sun” approach, with teams across the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
The successful candidate will be adept at providing support, juggling multiple tasks, managing priorities, maintaining a strong relationship with clients while working in a fast paced and demanding environment. We are looking for individuals who understand the importance of customer relationships and who are solution focused with excellent communication skills. You will have an interest in both IT and finance and be enthusiastic about developing your skill set with a thirst for knowledge.
ION's Service Desk provides a first line support service to clients and forms part of the global support function. Key responsibilities will include interacting with clients daily, communicating status and risk relating to ongoing incidents and handling all functional questions. ION is looking for candidates with an enquiring mind and an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving. ION strive to offer an unparalleled level of support to our clients and as such, candidates should be able to understand client's perspective and work with them to reach a combined understanding and issue resolution.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, communicating confidently using business acumen
• Log, prioritize and manage incidents within ION's IT Service Management tool, ensuring they are regularly updated and accurately reflect the current state of investigation
• Investigate and resolve incidents, communicating the status, risk and any other updates effectively and promptly to the client
• Liaise with internal groups as necessary, including Technical Support, Development, Implementation and Infrastructure teams
• Build and maintain a strong functional and business knowledge across ION's suite of products
• Ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision
• Set and follow "Best Practice" in an ITIL aligned Service Desk
• Willing to work in shifts, weekends and Indian bank holidays, for maintenance work
• Willing to travel, if required
• B.E / B. Tech degree (or equivalent)
• 2-7 years' experience in a similarly fast paced industry
• Strong analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
• First class written and spoken English
• Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen
• Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with customers and colleagues
• Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain good humour, particularly in the face of adversity
• High quality of execution, productivity, rigor, and attention to detail
• Teamwork, reliability and collaboration
• Lateral thinking and good judgment
• Imagination, creativity, innovation and continuous service improvement
• Demonstrable knowledge of financial markets; knowledge of derivatives and electronic trading (highly desirable)
• Knowledge / experience of ITIL processes
• Experience of working in Managed services / SaaS environments
• The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading software specialist in the exciting global finance sector.