Who Are We?
Fidessa (an ION Group Company) provides exceptional trading, investment, and information solutions for the world's financial community. Our unrivalled set of mission-critical products serve both buy-side and sell-side global institutions and investment banks to boutique brokers and niche hedge funds with multi-asset trading and investment infrastructure, their market data and analysis, and their decision making and workflow technology.
We are freethinking and do not believe in rigid structure or tight controls that limit our ability to be innovative and adaptable. Our team at Fidessa is represented within several continents in multiple offices. We recognize that a business is only as good as its people. To provide and build on our high-quality platform and services, we seek to employ only the best!
The Service Manger is a pivotal role in ensuring that Ion delivers the highest quality production support to large global customers who entrust Ion to run their global trading environments. The Service Manager gains a deep understanding of how each of their customers use the Ion service and how to best deliver support to meet the customer's needs. The Service Manager ensures the right prioritization and action is taken by the Service Desk and Technical Support teams, regularly communicating progress with the customer on high priority incidents. The role holder will work closely with other regions, ensuring any incidents that require continued focus are handed over between regions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers with specific focus around managing their production environment
- Take the lead on and manage significant service impacting incidents ensuring proper communication both internally and externally
- Facilitate communication on sensitive or complex issues with the customer and product support specialists where necessary
- Act as a senior escalation point for the customer on all issues pertaining to their production environment
- Coordinate post incident follow up and prepare customer facing Incident Reports detailing root cause analysis and prevention of significant outages
- Regularly meet with assigned customers to discuss the production support engagement to elicit feedback and ensure that the Fidessa Support service is working well for their needs
- Monitor performance of support against client SLA's, and report regularly on performance
- Examine metrics to identify trends and take appropriate action where this is required. Identify persistent / significant problem areas and ensure these are resolved, working with managers and service architects as required
- Work closely with other regions to ensure a consistent service for global customers
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Exposure to complex, interactive, transactional software systems is required
- A minimum of three years experience demonstrating knowledge of Sell Side Equities trading business flows and markets.
- Understanding of technology and an ability to rephrase technical concepts in everyday, easy to understand language.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business or Computer Science or a numerate discipline
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experiencein a software product vendor or consultancy services company highly preferred
- Experience with Equities Options Trading.
- Experience with Convertible Swaps.
- Fluency in Portuguese and / or Spanish.
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.