Technical Consultant – 5123
- Gain proficiency in one or more business area
- Attend product trainings to gain knowledge of the system’s functionality, architecture and technical components
- Gather and document technical requirements, code specifications, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project Manager or a Principal/Senior Technical Consultant
- Follow documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
- Keep Manager and Project Manager(s) informed regarding the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
- Travel to customer site to work on projects as needed - up to 80% if the time post-COVID
- Participate in requirements analysis, custom code development (design/configuration/testing) and provide production support for the client’s business needs.
- Demonstrate strong reporting and development skills.
- Assume hands-on project implementation duties (design, coding, testing) in all phases of the implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to development best practices in one or more technical development in all technical design, specifications, custom coding, and unit testing deliverables.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a directly related IT field
- 2+ years of experience in the energy, commodities or financial field or working with an ETRM/ or CTRM system.
- 2+ years of experience designing, configuring, and troubleshooting installations of enterprise software in client environments
- Experience working with Integrated Development environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Interface implementation following industry standard integration patterns.
- Ability to follow design specifications with little guidance from senior resources.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (GIT, TFS, Confluence, Bamboo) and issue tracking systems (Jira, NetSuite) is required.
- Ability to follow standard SDLC patterns as determined by the project.
- Experience with DBMS such Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access, Sybase is required.
- Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project Server.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong Object-Oriented Skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- For on-site consultants, ability to work onsite at client locations as needed - up to 80% of the time post-COVID
- Ability to work as part of a project team structure
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts