Technical Account Manager: Fixed Income – 5755
- Strong communication skills across all organizational levels within both ION Markets and customer organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers across multiple disciplines
- Extensive business knowledge in fixed income trading with first - hand experience at either financial institutes or technology companies working within the financial markets space
- Experience of delivering financial software services to customers and able to demonstrate a consistently high rate of customer satisfaction
- Strong analysis skills, ideally demonstrating an analysis background with the ability to create clear, tangible requirements when analyzing complex tasks
- Evidence of (or quickly develop a) good technical understanding of ION Markets applications and architecture, with the ability to confidently explain technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Their ability to recognize when to get involved with customer service issues to either provide support / guidance or take control, and authoritatively manage difficult situations to their conclusion
- Experience in managing business critical production services for customers including the ability to manage and communicate a delivery plan and conduct delivery negotiations effectively balancing ION's and the customer's objectives
- The ability to manage and deliver to multiple customers simultaneously often with demanding timescales
- Experience of successfully working with challenging customers and with complex business scenarios, demonstrating their own contribution to improve customer perception of the service and customer satisfaction
- The ability to remain calm under pressure particularly when faced with difficult situations, showing a flexible approach and an ability to confidently find a way through such situations
- Strong commercial skills with the ability to identify when requests are outside the service, ensuring chargeable work is accurately managed and reported to Finance
- Strong ownership of their brief, escalating where appropriate whilst still retaining responsibility for resolving issues, with a results-oriented approach to service provision
- A positive approach to change; can identify improvements to advance the customer delivery service
- Language skills in both English (to business level or better) and Japanese (full fluency at native or near-native level)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership and presentation of the overall ION Markets service delivered to the customer and their perception of it, including the delivery of upgrades, maintenance, new services, migrations, change requests and day to day operations.
- Maintaining a solid understanding of the customer's business, their ION Markets business flows, the markets and data setup, using this knowledge to provide business and functional expertise to the customer so they maximize the benefit from ION Markets services.
- Relationship management with the customer's business, technology, support operations and compliance.
- Management and ownership of the production service to ensure it is delivered to the customer in line with the contract, service definition and where applicable SLAs. Ensure production issues are resolved in line with clients’ priorities, assisting ION Markets teams through the provision of strong business domain expertise to provide satisfactory resolution.
- Analysis and documentation of customer requirements to ensure such requirements are clearly understood, together with how the service supports the requirement. When enhancement requests are raised, negotiating agreement with the Product Management team(s) to determine if/how they will be progressed, or the Service changed.
- Management of the delivery of small projects to clients and supervision of larger, complex or non-standard engagements, and provision of the Project Management function including definition of remediation plans and communication with the client in the presence of complex issues.
- Management & communication of critical production incidents. Whilst support will manage critical incidents through to service restoration, the Technical Account Manager should expect to assist using their business domain expertise and customer relationship. The Technical Account Manager should expect to take the lead in communicating any postmortem activities, explanations and write ups.
- Manage multiple customers and deliveries at any one time, working constructively with relevant teams to ensure smooth delivery and compliance with the scope of work as per the contract, and drive priorities.
- Help drive customer change requests, working with the customer and the product teams to plan and prioritize. Provide effective, consistent and structured communication with customers, including ensuring meetings are documented and actions circulated in line with standards and stored centrally.
- Ensure all customer documentation and internal dashboards / workstreams / trackers are maintained to a high and consistent standard in a timely manner for management review.
- Maintenance and regular review of the customer roadmap and needs, communicating customer direction and service utilization internally to the relevant teams.
- Provide expertise in specific service areas to other Technical Account Managers/customers so adoption of these services leverage experience and best practices.
- Contribute to team tasks such as becoming an SME in functional / operational areas and maintaining central sources of information.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other teams including Support, Implementation, Product Management, and Sales.
- Positively represent ION Markets Technical Account Management to other ION teams and customers.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts