We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
The System Administrator will work on the global team with a concentration in the following areas:
· Identify and resolve Window Server and hypervisor functionality issues for servers and services globally.
· Take real-time actions to address identified high-vulnerability security concerns.
· Support Active Directory troubleshooting across the global environment
· Be directly involved in asset management and lifecycle process to assure record accuracy.
· Manage software version levels for all Windows servers globally and work to keep systems current and updated.
· Remediate problematic machines that fail to patch or have security agent problems.
· Pro-active monitoring and maintenance of hardware and software.
· Additional efforts and tasks will include participation on key strategic initiatives:
o Reducing security risk by working with the business to upgrade and replace virtual guests.
o Assist in the consolidation, upgrade, and migration of Vmware ESX hosts and ecosystems.
o Providing additional cycles for migrating server estates to a single domain.
** 4-6 years of equivalent work experience with scripting, storage systems, windows systems infrastructure, Active Directory, Hypervisors, backup solutions, general technology.
** Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of Microsoft, VMware, and oVirt Hypervisors
** Should be a self-starter, curious about new technologies, excited to learn and act autonomously within a team structure.
** Applicant should be willing to work extra hours to get the job completed to ensure project deadlines are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
**Knowledge of basic hardware configurations: memory, compute, storage, BIOS, networking.
**Hand-on experience with VMware, Hyper-V and if possible Ovirt.
**PowerShell and scripting ability.
**Be detail oriented as it relates to capturing IT information, updating tickets, and communicating risks.
**An understanding of security protocols, procedures, and best practices.
**The ability to quickly grasp high level concepts and be able to relate these with applicable business requirements.
**Experience with the concepts of/and hands-on experience with server storage (SAN) and virtualization.
**Must have hands-on experience with Windows-Active Directory and related server roles and configurations.
**Proven experience with change control operations and procedures.
**Documentation and organization skills are a must.
**Strong communication both verbal and written.