Sr. Software Consultant
Location: Noida, Hyderabad, Hybrid
Primary office location: Remote at first, Open office environment
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
You will help customers (premier financial institutions) realize their goals through our technology solutions, leading multi-month engagements from business analysis through to deployment, customer adoption, and customizations. This dynamic role combines both engagement management and hands-on engineering as you deploy innovative solutions to solve complex challenges.
This role will report to Scott Newcomb.
Your duties and responsibilities
· Design, develop, and release sophisticated applications for mission-critical, high performance distributed trading systems
· Configure products to design solutions that achieve the client’s business objectives and put you on the forefront of our R&D efforts
· Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production, active adoption by customer users, and smooth hand-offs to client services.
· Perform business analysis through interaction with users (traders, developers, quants, technology, and business managers), develop expertise in customer workflows, develop technical requirements, and understand how our technology will best deliver value.
· Extend system capabilities though implementing distributed system components.
· Work directly with customers to proactively manage expectations, convey status, and seek new opportunities.
· Maintain the ION brand and advance our reputation for customer satisfaction, instilling confidence at all levels.
· Results-oriented individual with a tremendous ownership mindset who can navigate and problem-solve independently through people, process, and technology challenges.
· The goal is to transcend mere customer satisfaction and task completion to deliver true customer success and partnership.
· Dynamic communicator and relationship-builder who instils confidence among external and internal stakeholders, proactively conveys status and escalates when necessary
· Highly curious about both business and technology strategies, processes, and objectives; pushes past a surface-level understanding to gain a granular command of a variety of different ecosystems, translating effectively across business and technical boundaries
· Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas and “going the extra mile” when needed
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· While this is not a development role, an excellent grasp of software engineering principles is critical.
· 1-3 years in a business-facing, hands-on technical role with demonstrated experience driving requirements gathering, interacting with users/customers, and learning new domains, organizations, and technology
· Front office capital markets knowledge and/or experience with financial software or trading
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced certificate in STEM field or related experience
· Familiarity with SQL and databases
· Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus