We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.
At ION, we are committed to building a thriving, diverse and connected culture where people feel welcomed and are invited to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead one of our product teams delivering best-of-breed FinTech solutions. You’ll cultivate a strong team identity with personalized coaching and mentoring; and provide clarity and focus to the team. You will encourage the team to raise the bar through continuous growth, and foster a culture of accountability by delivering on commitments to satisfy our clients.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
· Lead and coach a team of engineers tasked with building state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, globally distributed systems related to automated trading
· Directly responsible for career development of engineers in the team
· Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization
· Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
· Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
· Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
· Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
· Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
· Lead and mentor junior engineers
· Ability to build teams with a strong desire to making a large impact by consistently delivering on commitments with quality and pride
· Self-starter with ability to self-regulate and problem-solve independently through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Results-driven with a strong ownership mentality and drive to deliver on schedule; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
· Superior abstract thinking abilities
· Motivated to learn about new industries, master new technologies, and push technological boundaries
· Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas and “going the extra mile” when needed
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
· Demonstrated success leading a team of engineers to deliver business critical projects
· Success delivering software projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making
· Ability to weigh several and often conflicting requirements and drive decisions in a fast-moving environment
· Bachelor’s or advanced certificate in STEM field or equivalent experience
· Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle iterations
· Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading
· Ability to provide compelling and clear communication and be able to represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical fluency