We are seeking a junior full-stack developer to participate in the normal activities of a Scrum team and work on all aspects of software development (UX, business logic, databases, etc.).
You are a full stack developer who can work both independently on multiple tasks with minimal guidance and as a team player. You have strong attention to detail and excel in a fast-paced environment. You communicate well with colleagues at all levels, exhibit a high capacity for abstraction, and are excited by new technologies. Your top-notch analytical skills help you succeed in high quality development.
What are we trying to do? Our team of developers in Quebec City working on our Algosys product suite exhibit a genuine desire for continuous process improvement in their work. The agile team follows scrum methodology and rigorously utilizes modern programming techniques and best practices to deliver high-quality production accounting solutions to our global clients in the mineral processing industry.
- Participate in all the normal activities of a Scrum team
- As a full stack developer, work on all aspects of software development (UX, business logic, database, etc.)
- Analyze, review and modify programs to increase operational efficiency and/or adapt to new requirements using Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Provide implementation, technical and maintenance support
- Document the programs properly using code comments and diagrams
- Bilingual French/English (written and verbal communication)
- Basic scientific knowledge
- 0-2 years of development experience (full SDLC), or similar internships
- Strong programming skills in the following: C#, ASP.Net (MVC and Web API), TypeScript, HTML, SQL
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of the software life cycle
- High capacity for abstraction
- Interest in new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development or Software Engineering
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.