We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
•Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
•Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Software Architect – Java, SQL, Cloud, Multi-Tenant SAAS
· Drive, design, build, and participate in end-to-end projects using Agile and User Centered Design process.
· Build a distributed system based on service-oriented architecture and SOLID design principles. You will need to deal with concurrency, reactive programming, distributed data
· Shape the future financial technology stack via innovative low-touch, real-time, high performant ION products
· Demonstrate experience writing enterprise software applications for high frequency, low latency trading.
· Innovate, recommend, design, drive a product evolution that creates business value for the end user and/or reduces Total Cost of Ownership of the product.
· Be able to pick up new technologies along their whole development stack including non-java ecosystems.
· Be passionate about delivering quality code and build culture of continuous learning and improvement in team by identifying technical debts/improvements.
· Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
· Provide input and guidance to resolve issues and meet objectives.
· Contribute to developing and refining the existing development processes to enhance quality and productivity.
· Coach and mentor junior members of the team
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
· BE/BTech or MS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university
· 10+ years of full-stack, hands on experience designing & developing multi-tenant SAAS solutions.
· Distributed Architecture Concepts/Design Patterns/SOLID principles (SOA, Microservices, Cloud hosting Solutions preferably AWS).
Knowledge of JMS, hands on experience with any one of messaging frameworks like Active MQ, Kafka.
Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins pipelines for Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD), maven, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes
· Experience designing and building cloud native applications will be a plus
· Experience implementing architectural design patterns such as Event Driven Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Domain Driven design
· Experience developing and working with databases (Oracle, MSSQL, NoSQL)
· Experience in successful implementation/adoption of Agile and Scrum methodologies
Test-driven development (TDD), which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
FinTech experience will be a plus