The ION Corporates Client Services Team is a global group of experienced Functional, Technical and Project Management consulting professionals who collaborate closely with all areas of the organization, and our clients.
Senior Technical Consultants are responsible for designing, coding, testing and implementing product customizations and interfaces while mentoring other team members. This is a customer facing position and significant travel is required (post pandemic), therefore we are flexible on base location.
• Present the project’s technical solution to client representatives.
• Support client training services.
• Consult with client’s technology users to determine technical requirements to be addressed by the ION Wallstreet Suite solution.
• Provide guidance to Technical Consultants.
• Follow ION documentation standards and resolution process flow for all deliverables.
• Keep Line Manager and Project Manager(s) informed regarding the status of assigned responsibilities.
• Maintain full chargeability on client account(s) as assigned.
• On-site consultants may be required to travel to the customer site to work on projects as needed.
o Provide technology advice, design, analysis, custom code development, and troubleshooting in the discovery workshop, design, configuration, testing, and production support of the ION solution for the client’s business needs.
o Participate in and support the architectural design decisions regarding interfaces between ION Wallstreet Suite solution and other systems, as well as the technical approach for custom scripts and reports, and gain the client’s confidence in the recommended approach.
o Support and adhere to implementation best practices in one or more technical development areas of the ION Wallstreet Suite solution in all technical design, specifications, custom coding, and testing deliverables.
o Assume hands-on project implementation duties (design, coding, testing) in all phases of an ION Wallstreet Suite implementation, reporting to the Project/Account Manager.
o Gather and document technical requirements, code specifications, test plans/results, and any other deliverables required by the project as determined by the Project/Account Manager or Principal Technical Consultant.
o Support client training services in custom development technologies.
o Provide technology & infrastructure design advice to clients.
o Participate in requirements analysis and product deployment & configuration at client site.
o Provide clients with full range of technical support services for troubleshooting technical & performance issues.
o Participate in Upgrade Assessments as well as upgrade projects.
o Conduct thorough System Health Assessments for client’s production environment covering presentation, application, database and network layers.
o Provide client training services in the product technical architecture, troubleshooting and performance tuning areas.
o Gain proficiency in one or more functional and Technical area for the product (interfaces, deployment, performance tuning, database analysis, etc).
o Assume hands-on project implementation duties (install, configure, test) in all phases of the implementation, reporting to the Project Manager.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a directly related IT field.
• 5+ years’ experience in Software Design and Development and/or deployment.
• Experienced directly working with ION Wallstreet Suite product in designing, coding, configuring, testing, and debugging reports, customer development, and interfaces.
• Experience working with Java, Python, PL/SQL, shell scripting and Linux Operating System.
• Ability to work as part of a project team structure, and deliver with little to no guidance from manager.
• Willing to travel up to 80% of the time, to onsite client locations (post COVID).
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Estimated Salary range: 120,000 USD - 160,000 USD
ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.