About us and this role
We are looking for an autonomous, senior full-stack software engineer to join the Product Profiles Capability team, which is responsible for creating world-class profiles on organizations, markets, deals, and people.
We are at the forefront of transforming global capital markets by delivering advanced analytics, news, and data solutions that impact millions of knowledge professionals in the world. Our customers include the most influential investors, lawyers, consultants, traders, bankers, and executives in the market, and we are changing the way they work through technology. If you join us, you will be a part of this movement and be surrounded by a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
This is a remote position working with a team based in Europe, so a European time zone would be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and support production software used by sophisticated users making important and complex decisions
- Apply your experience and knowledge to solve both common and complex issues
- Reflect on the team’s work and adapt the team’s practices based on learning
- Take responsibility for existing systems that the team owns
- Work closely with users and product managers to ensure that you and the team are building what the users want and need
- Champion performance, reliability, and security of your services
- Release to production early and often
- Do more by automating tasks, building tooling, and removing repetitive work
- Willingness to organize around work as we adapt to our clients’ needs and market demands
- Solve problems in a self-directed manner
- When necessary, take the lead in small groups of engineers to obtain a decision and provide a solution
- Work collaboratively in a flat structure
- We might ask you to perform other tasks and duties as your role expands
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer
- Effective written and verbal communication in English
- CI/CD, Git
- Following agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- React or equivalent front-end framework
- Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- SQL databases
- ElasticSearch / NoSQL
More about ION Analytics
We’re a diverse group of innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
-Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading, and risk
-Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading- platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure
Within ION Analytics we help clients find advantage in a world of information overload and fragmented systems. Our business information solutions blend expert journalism and analytics with data to help banks, advisors, investors, law firms and corporations find opportunities in markets ranging from equities and fixed income to infrastructure and private equity.
On our platform clients can break through silos to originate opportunities, find buyers, and use resources efficiently. Our advanced workflow automation tools cut through the noise to deliver personalized, targeted information that saves time and effort, and drives better decisions.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com.