ION is a leader in Financial Technology, Automation and Data. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to compete effectively and deliver differentiated offerings to their clients at reduced cost and complexity. We build our products using enterprise class open-source software and ION Core Technology. ION products are delivered via on-premise and cloud deployments as well as SaaS (Software as a Service) offerings.
Your role contributes in building innovative products, for our global diverse customer base, that create a massive adoption a.k.a. disruption in the market. The products will be part of our next generation low touch, real-time trading, business-process-automation and risk-management solutions.
You will drive and build the products bringing new innovations, better user experiences to increase operational efficiency. You will mentor colleagues for strong technology foundations and culture of delivery excellence.
Success in this role requires passion for product innovation, technology, and customer focus.
What you’ll be doing
• Drive, design, build, and deliver end-to-end solutions using Agile and User Centered Design process.
• Build & work on a distributed system based on service-oriented architecture and SOLID design principles. You will need to deal with concurrency, reactive programming, distributed data.
• Shape the future financial technology stack via innovative low-touch, real-time, high performant ION products.
• Demonstrate experience writing enterprise software applications for high frequency, low latency trading.
• Innovate, recommend, design, drive a product evolution that creates business value for the end user and/or reduces Total Cost of Ownership of the product.
• Hit the ground running with the typical HTML5/Angular ecosystem stack (HTML5, Typescript, Angular preferably > 2.0, Less, CSS/CSS3, ES6).
• Be able to pick up new technologies along with whole development stack including non HTML5 technologies.
• Be passionate about delivering quality code and build culture of continuous learning and improvement in team by identifying technical debts/improvements.
• Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues.
What we are looking for
• An expert who can drive design and code complex, enterprise, applications in HTML5/Angular, Typescript, Less, CSS, ES6.
• Deep understanding of UX Design. Ability to transform functional requirements into a good user experience.
• Deep understanding of build tools like webpack/grunt etc.
• Significant Object-Oriented development experience and knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
• Have a deep understanding of event-driven and async programming.
• Well versed with data structures and algorithms concepts and ability to apply those in execution.
• Well versed with distributed Architecture Concepts (SOA, Microservices).
• Experience in developing real-time, client-server-based systems.
• Should possess good debugging and analytical skills.
• Ability to understand and analyze specifications, assess technical impact, and provide estimates.
• Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing.
• Experience using versioning tools GIT/SVN/VSS etc. (preferably GIT)
• Experience with Agile software development (e.g., SCRUM or KANBAN) and/or User Centered Design process.
• Should possess excellent debugging skills and aware of application memory/performance optimization tools & techniques.
Nice to have -
• Knowledge of code quality tools (such as Karma/Jasmine/Chai/TypeMoq, SONAR)
• Experience in core java and/or .Net stack.
• Experience with build automation tools like Jenkins/GIT pipelines for Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD).
• Experience of Cloud hosting Solutions preferably AWS.
• Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
• Good knowledge in sql.
Personal skills we believe will bring success
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Entreprenurial mindset to problem solving.
• Collaboration skills
• Seeking feedback and continuously improving