Senior Software Engineer
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
• Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
• Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.
At ION, we are committed to building a thriving, diverse and connected culture where people feel welcomed and are invited to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
· 3-5 years coding object-oriented software using C++ in a Linux environment
· Development of low-latency optimizations on real-time or trading systems
· Experience with event programming and service-oriented architecture
· Experience with scripting or dynamic languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl)
· Development using networking protocols (TCP, UDP, multicast)
· Experience with FIX, SBE, ITCH, OUCH
· Developed a code generator for complex applications
· Knowledge and experience with low-latency messaging middleware