This role offers the chance to work within a fast-paced operations team dedicated to implementing and supporting the hardware and network services that underpin the Group's systems.
This role is for a network professional with a focus on Cisco and Juniper. Arista and Redhat Enterprise Linux experience is also an advantage.
Candidates with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and prioritise work will thrive in this role. As a network operations engineer you will be involved with the day-to-day operations, responsible for the configuration and support of customer solutions and internal infrastructure.
· An excellent and demonstrable understanding of dynamic routing protocols including BGP, OSPF
· An excellent understanding of network redundancy protocols, such as VRRP, HSRP, & VARP
· An excellent understanding of network troubleshooting techniques, including packet captures through wireshark and trace analysis
· Strong analytical skills
· The ability to understand and articulate complex network configurations spanning multiple physical sites
· Comfortable in front of clients when discussing complex networking solutions including Juniper Clusters, BGP, VRF etc
· Comfortable in leading client engagements from a technical perspective
· Able to use initiative and prioritise a sometimes rapidly changing workload
· Desire for continual learning and improvement
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a "can do" attitude
· Excellent knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint required with Arista, A10, Fortinet, PRTG, Nagios, Solarwinds experience also beneficial.
· Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally
· Solaris/Linux/Networking Troubleshooting, previous experience working in either a NOC or similar IT Support environment
· Data Centre hardware maintenance and upgrading experience
· Hands on experience in a Data Centre facility an advantage
· Experience with Sun/Oracle x86 and HP DL hardware an advantage
· RHEL 6/7 experience an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
· Implementing and supporting new customer connectivity solutions
· Configuring Cisco, Juniper, and Arista devices
· Configuring Checkpoint, Juniper SRX, and Cisco ASA firewalls
· Supporting all the above Vendor appliances
· Configuring and supporting management and monitoring tools such as Nagios and PRTG
· Troubleshooting networking issues with Cisco/Juniper/Arista routers/switches
· Troubleshooting connectivity to clients and hosted exchanges
· Responding to monitoring systems and issues raised by clients or internal departments
· Takes ownership of delegated tasks and sees things through to completion
· Liaising with and managing internal and external clients, as well as carriers
· Racking and cabling of hardware in production data centres
· Maintaining client solution documentation, runbooks and diagrams
· Taking ownership of (or assisting with, where required) network problem tickets through to completion
· Overseeing the access and work of third parties in the production data centres
This is a vital role within the Data Centre Team with opportunity to expand the role in the future. The role is based in our Woking office (Surrey), with travel to Data Centre sites and occasional travel to London.
Saturday working is a requirement for this role
Participate in team shift patterns and out of hours escalation when required
The role is ideally suited to a degree-educated and/or experienced network individual with excellent Networking skills (CCNA or equivalent qualifications), and experience of RHEL Linux
The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.