The Senior Network Engineer role is based within the Americas Hosted Data Centre department in Chicago. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting and maintaining ION's regional and global infrastructure.
What's Exciting About This opportunity?
- You’ll have ownership of your role and projects
- You are not siloed into one area
- Exposure to lots of varied, complex technology and great opportunity to learn. You will be a true hands-on generalist that builds a broad and deep skill set.
- Promotable, dynamic career track with opportunity to get involved in more complex project work
- Deploy network infrastructure following established design standards
- Perform general maintenance on routers, switches and firewalls
- Troubleshoot issues in a complex Internet/Extranet environment
- Interact professionally with customers and vendors to determine design requirements.
- Provide Level 1 through Level 4 network support
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Provide occasional 1st level server support such as racking and disc swaps
- Regular travel to remote Fidessa Data Centres in the Chicago area.
- International Travel to Canada, Mexico, Chile and Brazil (2 weeks a year)
- Monday - Friday 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday work as required (approx 2X a month for a few hours)
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With over 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.